On this episode of the Am I Called Podcast, Ed Welch (Ph.D., author, and CCEF faculty member) joins Dave and Stephen to discuss Biblical counseling and the issue of pastors and leaders in dealing with the darkness of depression.
Episode #35- Interview with Dave Harvey about his latest book release: “Letting Go: Rugged Love for Wayward Souls”
Stephen Altrogge interviews Dave Harvey about his most recent book release, in which he co-authored with Paul Gilbert, titled: "Letting Go: Rugged Love for Wayward Souls".
"Dave and Stephen interview Jonathan Holmes, a Counseling Pastor at Parkside Church in Cleveland, OH. They discuss his book “The Company We Keep” and speak on the crucial roles that friendship play in leadership. And to make the podcast more interesting, Dave talks about the evils of red fire ants!”
In this episode of the "Am I Called" podcast, Dave and Paul interview Bob Evans as he describes the why and how behind his stepping aside from a lead pastor role and how a pastor finds the ‘sweet spot’ in ministry!
In this episode of the "Am I Called" podcast, Dave Harvey and Stephen Altrogge speak with Barnabas Piper about several topics, including:
- Barnabas's new book: "Help My Unbelief"
- Barnabas's tattoo, which reads: "I Believe, Help My Unbelief".
- The theme of "Unbelief" in scripture
- Should the church and it's leaders have all the answers?
- Should parents have all the answers?
In this Calling Question, Dave Harvey answers the question "Does preaching make a man vulnerable to spiritual attack?".
Find more resources including articles, videos, and audio files at www.amicalled.com.
In this episode of the "Am I Called" podcast, Dave talks with Russell Moore, President of the Ethics and Religious Liberty Commission. In this episode, they discuss:
- How pastors can be engaging the culture
- Religious liberty
- How pastors can be thinking about their message and their motives
- The future of the church in the public square
- What Dr. Moore would say to men preparing for pastoral ministry
- and more!
In this episode of the "Am I Called" podcast, Dave talks with Richard Blackaby—author of over 30 books and President of Blackaby Ministries International.
- The call to leadership
- Ministry with his father Henry Blackaby
- Experiencing God
- What ministry growth looks like
- Advice for future ministry leaders
- and more!
- Call to scholarship and the church
- The ministry as a distinctive calling in the UK
- Training men to be elders
- Lay elders vs. paid elders
- Vulnerability of men in ministry to spiritual attacks
- The culture of celebrity pastors
- and more!